Key Account Management Course
Our Key Account Management course is relevant to sales executives in both B2B and B2C environments.
Today’s market is tough, and increasing or renewing the revenue of an existing customer has become more difficult than ever. Sometimes the more familiar we are with an account, the more difficult it is to find new opportunities. We can also spend a disproportionate amount of time at the wrong end of the decision-making process.
If you are to succeed in key account management you need to understand the psychology of why customers buy, and the best way to present your products and services. We will show you how to approach the sales call, engage the customer and exceed your targets. By sharing the skills and techniques used by the very best key account managers across the world you will discover how easy it is to build long-lasting and profitable client relationships.
Who is the course for?
- Key Account Managers
- Sales Directors and Managers
- Relationship Managers
- Customer Service Representatives
- Senior Sales Executives
- Anyone who needs to build long-lasting client relationships.
What’s included in the course?
Click on the button below to view examples of course content.
Click here to view course content
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand the importance of demonstrating value when selling at a strategic level
- Know how to define a value proposition
- Be able to plan an account in depth (using current CRM system)
- Be able to leverage key contacts within an organisation
- Learn how to gain key information from a customer
- Be able to identify compelling needs that motivate a customer to action
- Be able to present to the customer in an engaging way
- Be able to identify customer types and adapt their selling style to meet them
- Appreciate the relationship between cost and solution match
- Understand the principles of negotiation and negotiate using variables
- Be able to use a structured process when handling objections.
Additional course content
- Appreciate the differences between large and small accounts
- Understand the decision-making process and identify various decision making levels
- Be able to plan complex accounts
- Identify how to leverage your existing relationships within an account to maximise new opportunities
- Know how to manage your time effectively so that the highest return possible can be achieved
- Explore ways of introducing new ideas to existing customers
- Discover advanced questioning techniques that identify compelling needs
- Develop your current sales presentations and make them more dynamic
- Become more structured in how you handle customer objections
- Understand the key principles of negotiation
- Be able to negotiate win-win solutions with your clients
- Explore ways of selling through a third party.
Course location and duration
This is an in-house course with a typical duration of 1 to 3 days.